Thursday 11 November 2010

How I will oppose these rules

I plan to oppose a few of these conventions of both genres, as I want to create a short film that is not generic and will allow me to express myself whilst demonstrating creativity and showing techincal skill. I have been careful to only break the convention where appropriate and doing so in the way that I feel will make our film most effective.
The main conventions I will oppose are;
The use of a female main character, instead we will use a male. Males are viewed as stereotypically strong, both mentally and physcially so by using a male and going against stereotype, we can create a much more emotive effect, as depiciting someone expected to be strong as frail and vulnerable will be much more effective. I also want to use a male because I don't agree with the traditional stereotype of women being weak, and I want to make a point that both sexes can perform either emotive position.
Instead of secrecy, our film will work off the idea of exposition, as though the audience is gaining an insight into someones life

TO BE FINISHED

No comments:

Post a Comment